On-line Learning (Webinars)
WHAT IS A WEBINAR?
Webinar is short for Web-based seminar. Webinar's are just like a conference room based seminar except that the participants view the presentation through their Web-browser and listen to the audio through their telephone or computer speakers.
Modern day webinars are more interactive than ever as the technology enables the presenter to give, receive and discuss information. This is different from a "Webcast", in which the data transmission is one way and does not allow interaction between the presenter and the audience.
We provide customized high-impact webinars with the following features:
- Up to 1,000 participants at a time
- Customization of the content
- Choice of over 100 topics
- Use of integrated audio conferencing or audio via the public Internet (computer speakers) or the telephone (each participant can choose)
- The ability of the participants to see the presenter's computer screen for illustrations
- The possibility of break-out sessions
- Appropriate videos
- Recording capabilities for later playback
- Attendee per-registration and reporting
- Audience polls and questionnaires
- Managing live question and answers during a presentation
For the client organizations that have multiple offices our webinars will:
- Reach a larger audience at the same time
- Allow for cross-pollination of ideas
- Reduce training costs – no meeting rooms, refreshments, time wastage or travel
- Increase flexibility. Participants can choose to participate alone or in a group
- Allow for playback later. Each session is recorded digitally
- Be customized. The content will be aligned with the values of your organization.
- A computer
- Internet access
- A phone line for listening to the teleconference portion or the use of a microphone andspeakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended.
Working with you we can create a curriculum that will have the widest interest with your employees. We can also create 2 streams of topics – one for managers and one for front-line employees.
Topics that appeal to managers include teamwork, influencing, motivation, leadership, giving feedback, to name a few.
Topics that would interest front line staff include time management, influencing your manager, dealing with difficult people, stress management, customer service and managing multiple topics.
MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
Our webinars are presented by Cy Charney, president of Charney and Associates Inc. and founder of The Leadership Institute (.ca). Cy is a leading Canadian consultant in the area of performance improvement who has consulted internationally to a number of Fortune 500 companies, government departments and social service agencies. He is a seasoned trainer having spent the last 35 years honing his skills as an educator. He brings knowledge, wisdom and practical experience to the participants bringing to life information illustrated where possible through stories and sprinkled with humour!
Cy is the author of 7 books including The Instant Manager, The Portable Mentor, The Instant Sales Pro, The Trainer’s Tool Kit and The Leader’s Tool Kit.
When appropriate, we have a network of professional speakers for specialized topics.