Leading Organizational Change
LEADING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE
Help your staff:
- become enthusiastic about change
- challenge everything they do
- enjoy new challenges
- understand the reasons for change
- focus on your vision
- reduce stress
- celebrate successes
Many organizations are reeling under the pressures caused by a combination of fast-changing market conditions, plummeting budgets and new demands by customers.
Some organizations are tackling the challenge with a regular dose of 'flavour of the month'. Needless to say, the changes brought about in these situations are typically superficial, with benefits short lived. Soon the organization reverts to its original state, leaving staff more skeptical, confused and angry.
Effective leaders understand that their organizations need to constantly innovate, change and adapt. To do this, people need to know about future changes, and particularly the reasons for them. Better still, Leaders need to be pro-active; anticipating the future and preparing their people for the challenge.
This workshop will give participants an understanding of the change process and the confidence and tools to make change a part of their culture.
The program has been concentrated into a fast-paced, skill-packed session. It will give you the tools that are guaranteed to increase commitment to change. We'll send you back to work with practical ideas that you can put into practice right away!
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand your role as a change agent;
- Understand how and why people react negatively to change;
- Demonstrate leadership as you guide people successfully through change;
- Understand the importance of paradigms and identify those that may impact on you and your work area
- Involve your people in planning for change;
- Deal effectively with resistance, one-on-one;
- Understand why change is so critical to the future of your organization;
- Be able to cope better in a dramatically new environment
- Develop a strategy to rebuild morale and confidence in management
- Focus on the things you have control over instead of becoming immobilized at the first sign of a roadblock
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Supervisors and managers at all levels of an organization.
Each participant will receive a user-friendly, 50 page workbook.
ORGANIZATIONS IN THE NEXT DECADE
If you think you've seen it all, look at what the future holds now! Anticipating what your organization will be like five years from now. The major factors for success. Evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
THE NATURE OF PARADIGMS
What is a paradigm. Why are they difficult to change. What are 'paradigm filters' and why they can be so destructive. The paradigm shifts that must be made in your organization.
SURVIVING IN AN ORGANIZATION IN TURMOIL
How people respond to change. The role of leadership. The importance of the vision. Creating a common vision with your people. Strategies to rebuild commitment to a new future. Lessons from the world's most successful leaders. Having a credible game plan to turn things around.
THE NATURE OF LEADERSHIP IN AN ENVIRONMENT OF TURMOIL
Why some people are able to turn organizations around "on a dime"'. The five characteristics of 'Change Masters'. Steps that must be taken to turn things around. How the Serenity Prayer can help you cope.
When to involve your people, and when to make decisions unilaterally. Creative problem solving in an environment that lacks trust. How to involve people when you need to. Building consensus and commitment.
BEATING THE "ABOMINABLE NO-MAN".
Why people resist change. Five signs that your change initiative is in trouble. A five step process to build commitment. 4 levels of commitment. What to do when you cannot get commitment. Counseling an employee who is resistant. Role-play and feedback.